I saw this meme over on Arduous' blog, and it looked more interesting than most. You bold the ones you've done, and, if you want, you italicize the five you haven't done yet but would most like to.
1. Started my own blog-um, yes
2. Slept under the stars-in the Grand Canyon, and at Girl Scout camp
3. Played in a band- the concert band type of band, not a rock band; I played French Horn
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than I can afford to charity- what does this mean? We have given "sacrificially", so to speak.
7. Been to Disneyland/world
8. Climbed a mountain- Mt. Washburn in Yellowstone
9. Held a praying mantis
10. Sung a solo- I was a voice major, so yeah
11. Bungee jumped-this will never be on my list of things I've done!
12. Visited Paris
13. Watched lightning at sea- only from the beach, not from a ship
14. Taught myself an art from scratch
15. Adopted a child-no, but we were foster parents for a while
16. Had food poisoning-and that's all you'll want to know about that
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty- it was closed to the public when I was in NY in 2006
18. Grown my own vegetables
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France
20. Slept on an overnight train-from Luxembourg to Venice
21. Had a pillow fight
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill-thought about it, but couldn't bring myself to actually do it
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb-no, just petted one
26. Gone skinny dipping-does the bath tub count? I thought not.
27. Run a Marathon-wanted to, but had a baby instead, which, come to think of it, is comparable
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse-we had a full eclipse of the sun about fifteen years ago
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run- Ha! I'd just like to make contact with the ball!!
32. Been on a cruise
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of my ancestors-which ones? The ones from Illinois? Or the one's from way back in Europe? I've definitely visited the birthplaces of the Illinois ones. We go back 8 generations in this state.
35. Seen an Amish community
36. Taught yourself a new language-just enough Spanish to find the bathroom in Honduras-does that count? I had five years of German, and a semester each of French and Italian diction, but I had teachers for those.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing-no, as this would involve possibly falling off a cliff
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David
41. Sung karaoke-surprisingly, no.
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance-sigh...yes, after shattering my arm at the ice arena
47. Had my portrait painted-yep, by my husband
48. Gone deep sea fishing
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris-saw it but didn't go up
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain
53. Played in the mud-a favorite childhood occupation; just ask my mom!
54. Gone to a drive-in theater-this is how my parents got to see movies without hiring a sitter.
55. Been in a movie
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business-does giving voice lessons count? Or providing daycare in my home?
58. Taken a martial arts class
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen-yes, in Honduras
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies-I was a good little Girl Scout
62. Gone whale watching
63. Got flowers for no reason-oh, there was always a reason!
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma
65. Gone sky diving-People! No. Just no.
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check-yes, in college (oh, the shame)
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy-my teddy bear, Johnny
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten caviar-and once was definitely enough! What's the attraction?
72. Pieced a quilt-a small doll-bed sized one
73. Stood in Times Square
74. Toured the Everglades
75. Been fired from a job
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London
77. Broken a bone-several, I'm sorry to say
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person-seen it, hiked in it, rafted through it for 10 days
80. Published a book-I need to write one first
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had my picture in the newspaper
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life-twice, once from drowning, once from a potentially explosive car accident/gas station disaster-it's a long story
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous-Count Basie, IL Gov. Jim Edgar (A good guy!! There are good guys in Illinois!)
92. Joined a book club-no, I don't want to have to read books I don't choose for myself
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby-four!
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee
100. Ridden an elephant
There you have it. My life's an open book. Let me know if you give this a try on your own blog.