Monday, June 2, 2008

Aargh! Now I'm Behind

I left town for a few days (wonderful!) and now I feel like there are about ten posts I need to write to get caught up. As if someone was holding a gun to my head to do this.

Tonight, I'll just get a few things out of the way.

1. I keep getting wrapped up in these challenges! So, for Chile's, I'm giving up the dryer for the summer. I'll let you know how that goes. We get a fair amount of rain here. I did it years ago, with a bigger family in the house, but now that I actually have a dryer, I may be tempted to break down and use it.

2. For GreenBean's reading challenge, I still haven't finished the book I originally committed to, because I keep finding others that appeal to me more. But I just finished "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" and am now reading "Serve God, Save he Planet", and I have this great idea for a compare and contrast review of those two books. Sometime this week.

3. Arduous has just started a really neat challenge to encourage people to be more generous. Pop over there and sign on for that one! I can't wait to see what happens when people open their eyes to the needs around them.

4. There was no Sunday Stroll this week, unless you count my little Malorie's high-speed crawling. It's just too cute when crawling baby girls have little ruffles on the seat of their pants! Oh, wait, I promised myself that I would not be a boring Nanna talking all about her adorable grandchild! But trust me, she IS adorable!

5. Lastly, I just want to say I don't understand why gas was $4.03 here and $3.69 in Claremore.
That seems like a big difference to me. Not sure I'll ever understand the economics of fuel prices.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Most economists claim the gas price is primarily determined by supply and demand. Given that supply has not changed, the higher the demand is, the higher the price is.

That said, there are other factors, such as cost of living in a particular area, distance to refineries, local tax policies, etc.

87 octane unleaded gas is $4.31 where I live :)