Wednesday, March 12, 2008

An Ordinary Day

Just for the record, this was the first day in, oh, about three months, that I was able to ride my bike out to the church. I just won't do it when there is the potential for hitting a slick spot. It was a beautiful sunny day, and it smelled like mud, which I love.

When I came home, I noticed that the front yard, snow-free for only two days, now sports several little snow-drops. How in the world did they pop up so fast?

This week is all about nailing down the details for the upcoming Holy Week services. Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, Good Friday, and two services on Easter Sunday. Lots of musicians to rehearse, lots of bulletins to proof read, logistics about the kids and their palm branches to work out with Ellen, thinking through the decorating of the Sanctuary for the various services-it can feel a little overwhelming.

As much as I love Christmas season, and all the music that goes with that, this is the Big One, folks. It's all about the Cross!

No comments: