Sunday, May 10, 2009

Sunday Stroll-May 10, 2009

It's "almost" time in my garden. The peonies are almost blooming.

The irises are sooooo close!

The serviceberries are forming, and almost ready to be feasted on by the birds.

The climbing rose is covered with hundreds of small buds. It will be a treat to see in a week or two.

I had a wonderful Mother's day, with half my children here for lunch (Robin, Grant, and Grant's wife Traci). The other two sons live elsewhere, but we had nice visits on the phone.


To see who else is strolling on Mother's Day, pop over to The Quiet Country House.

6 comments:

Marcie said...

I love that phrase "almost time." The garden teaches us patience and anticipation, doesn't it?

Your children (and daughter-in-law) are beautiful. I hope your day was wonderful! I'm so glad you shared your photos. I love to see iris getting ready to bloom. I think they're very pretty in that stage too!

Everydaywoman said...

Just love those iris! What hope your garden holds for you to enjoy, very soon, I'm sure! How nice to see your children as well! Happy Mother's Day!

Rose said...

"Almost" is the perfect way to describe this time in the garden, Joyce. The spring bloomers are fading or gone, and nothing else is really blooming yet, but they are "almost" there.

What a handsome family you have! I hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day.

Farmer's Daughter said...

I bet those peonies are gorgeous! I only had two blooms last year, and they both broke off during a down pour. This year, I've got many more buds. How many years did it take to get yours that big?

Joyce said...

Abbie, my peopnies are well established. The cream ones I have were here when we bought the house 24 years ago (although I've done some moving and dividing of them). The pink ones are especially nice. I planted them about 12 years ago. I wish I had hng on to the name! In those days it didn't seem important, but it would be nice to share that information with other gardeners.

Farmer's Daughter said...

Thanks, Joyce! Mine are pink: Nick Shaylor and Raspberry Sundae are the names of two, but I forgot the third variety... I wish I had written it down, too! But hopefully I'll learn for the future.