Saturday, April 18, 2009

Okay. I'm Back. I Think.

Well, that was certainly a longer blog hiatus than I had planned on. Just to update you, if I had been blogging over the last month it would have been something like this:

Today I laid on the couch and coughed.

Today I laid on the couch and coughed, and also watched a little HGTV.

Today I slept on the couch, even though HGTV was on in the background.

And so on, for about three weeks, until I finally got over pneumonia. Then the posts would have suddenly switched to this:

AAAACK!! I HAVE TO GET EVERYTHING READY FOR EASTER!!

That would have been good for about another two weeks.

Now, Easter is over (and everything went well, which just proves that panicking works!), and I am back in my regular routine again, meaning I will be conjuring up blog posts while I stand at the crossing or do my yard work. I'm not guaranteeing anything interesting, mind you, but you know that's the way this blog goes anyway.

So if any of you are still stopping by, thanks for hanging in there with me, and let's get some conversation going!

5 comments:

Judy T said...

I'm glad you survived and are feeling better. Welcome back!
Judy

Rose said...

Welcome back, Joyce! I was hoping that the last two weeks you were busy with Easter preparations and catching up on work, not still ill. Glad you're feeling better.

Jena said...

Yay!! I'm so glad to see you back. The blogosphere was getting kind of dismal with more than one of my favorites missing. Now take care of yourself, we don't need a relapse! :)

I agree with you: panicking does seem to work.

Donna said...

I was wondering what happened to you -- I was afraid you'd decided to quit blogging! So glad you're on your feet again. Take your time gettting back into the swing of things until you're sure you're all better. :)

Donna said...

P.S. You reminded me of a funny story: When I was in college, the band teacher had a different way of preparing for a concert. If the concert was getting close and the band wasn't ready, he'd CANCEL rehearsals. This would scare the students so much that they would practice their tails off, and then the concert would go fine.