Monday, August 20, 2007

Back to Blogging

Well, I've been a complete slacker about blogging, though I started with the best intentions. But Ramon and Michelle responding has prodded me to get back at it! Thanks guys!
As Michelle indicated, I have recently become a first-time grandmother, which makes me sound sooo old. Our third son and his wife just had a baby girl, and we made a mad dash down to OK to see her. She is, of course, the most beautiful baby around, and I think this is going to be a very fun stage in my life!
I've also been working intensively to choose music for the fall and make all the other preparations necessary for the start fot the choir season. It's actually my favorite task. My overarching goal in choosing music is to help the choir "sing Truth" to the congregation every week, and preparing these pieces is a way of meditating on Truth day in and day out. I can't imagine giving this up, Ramon! I have no objection at all to contemporary services, but I would really miss the comeradery and sense of purpose that come with being part of a choir.

2 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow...you're working on music for the fall? You're my hero! I can't seem to stay more than a few weeks ahead. You've inspired me! As soon as I get the next list of scriptures, I will try to work ahead too.

The fall will be busy for me: I may have a total of six jobs (sigh). God will help me keep my sanity; well, at least He helped me last year. ;P

Our church bulletins had a picture of your beautiful granddaughter. She's adorable! :o)

Emily (a young lady who volunteered to sing with me on the worship team) and I are blending better than we were before, and I'm thrilled with that. We harmonized a bit on Sunday, and she did very well. I'm so proud of her!

I'm afraid my life is a bit boring at the moment, but that's not necessarily bad! When something interesting happens, I promise to write again. Have a wonderful day! Love, Michelle

Michelle said...

I forgot to leave my e-mail! I'm not sure how long my myspace will be active, so you are more than welcome to write me anytime at keepinmyjoy@aol.com. Thanks for your words of encouragement the last time we spoke on the phone. You blessed me and made me smile! Love, Michelle